Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Vacation Time

This year’s vacation was planned well in advance, 9 months to be exact. The Oregon coast was our destination and we were so excited. We had a great reservation at a wonderful campground with a camping spot right on the beach.  It could not get any better than that.  One month before the big day I got a phone call at work. I didn’t recognize the number so I just let voicemail take it. After a few minutes I listened to the message. “Hi, I am calling about your campground reservation here in Oregon. We will have to refund your money because your camping spot has fallen into the ocean.” WHAT? You have got to be kidding. First off, how does that happen and second where are we going to stay? Does this occur often, because if it does I think they should rethink beach camping. I could have just been glad that we weren’t on it at the time, but for some reason I still wanted to stay there even if it wasn’t actually there.  July is a very busy time on the Oregon coast so of course there were no other campgrounds that had openings for the week that we would be visiting. Luckily, there was one campground further up the coast that had a space for all the days but one, and the spot next to it was open for the final day. We hurriedly grabbed both camp spots before they dropped into the ocean.  The trip went off without a hitch and we had a wonderful time. Apparently, the state of Oregon is getting smaller and smaller as we speak so we better hurry back before it is no longer there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

My Blogger TricksAll Blogger TricksAll Blogging Tips