Tuesday, September 9, 2014

On a recent bike ride in the country we happened upon a sign that spoke volumes. Who knew there was an ad campaign out there targeting our cat Thistle. I never knew that people cared enough to make him their problem.  Apparently,Thistle is everyone’s problem. Maybe, everyone should chip in on his food bill.


Now wait just a dang gone minute. I really do not believe that Thistle is destroying all of Idaho, maybe our house but certainly not all of Idaho. Yes it is true he sometimes scratches his claws on the furniture and he may have chewed up the newspaper a time or two. He really thinks that he is a dog. But he is not destroying Idaho. And he is just a young guy and has not been around since 1890. They need to get their facts straight and stop profiling our Thistle.


The saga continues with one more sign targeting Thistle claiming that he is a problem child. We have really good neighbors and I do not think that they would ever consider eradicating Thistle. In fact that is just down right creepy. Now is the time to stand up for what is right and Thistle has every right to live in Idaho.

Oh dear, apparently I got it wrong they are not talking about our Thistle. Who knew, now I just feel foolish. When I got home I scooped him up gave him a hug and told him the news. My dear boy I just found out that you are everyone’s problem. He looked at me with love in his eyes that clearly said I only want to be your problem and that is fine with me.

The Idaho Weed Awareness Campaign is meant to alert the public about the negative impact that noxious weeds (not our Thistle) has on the water and land of this great state. They adversely affect the natural ecosystem creating long term damage. People need to recognize the problem and apparently eradicate those weedy culprits that cause so many problems.  I however am thinking of keeping my weedy guy close to home and my heart for a very long time just in case anyone mistakes him for a weed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

My Blogger TricksAll Blogger TricksAll Blogging Tips